GPSLib

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
sag_ich_nicht

GPSLib

Post by sag_ich_nicht » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:51 pm

http://files.wowace.com/GPSLib/

oh lawd is dat sum instance position tracking system that you should implement with position showing on atlas and syncing? you bet it is!

Nihlo

Re: GPSLib

Post by Nihlo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:18 pm

öhm...wie soll des gehn ?
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:06 pm

If I understand how it works correctly, it continually pings the minimap and figures out the change in location from one ping to another. 0,0 is defined as the entrance of the instances and all other pings are relative to it.

I can see this being problematic to overlay on a map mod as your co-ordinate system will be different for EVERY instance and a LOT of calibration will be needed for EVERY instance to take into account the scaling factors required for the map to fit in the Atlas window.

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:10 pm

still...kind of a neat idea!

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:35 am

DungeonCrawler: Tests and demonstrates the use of GPSLib and Mode7 to create a pseduo 3d moving & rotating dungeon map (only works for Crypts).

maybe also intresting
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Pelf

Post by Pelf » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:45 am

I looked at the source for this today .. pretty simple. Why has nobody picked this up if the functions for determining numeric positions for a minimap ping have been around? Seems like every third question asked of people who code ingame map addons is "why can't I see my position on the instance map?"

I was trying to be somewhat discrete looking at a programming language I don't program in at work, so I wasn't able to look at it too long. Does the addon somehow produce a ping that isn't rendered or does it just keep pinging ... or is it that it requires you to periodically ping the map yourself.

There's no way to programmatically ping the map is there? I'd think that'd get shut down way fast ... just imagine how much fun you could have with that.
Image Image Image Image Image

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:12 pm

god I can't wait to test this stuff out...!