Strategy ?

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
deadca7

Strategy ?

Post by deadca7 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:21 pm

What if we add a new column with boss strategy's ?

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Re: Strategy ?

Post by Dan Gilbert » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I think it's a cool idea, but I'd prefer to see it as a separate (yet perhaps integrated) addon akin to AtlasLoot / AtlasQuest.

Ron

Post by Ron » Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 am

Couldn't you just recycle the atlas quest panel for displaying the text part of the strategy, and overlay any diagrams over the atlas map the way atlas loot does with it's loot tables? I don't use atlas quest a lot anymore, but I don't remember it doing anything special for when you click on a boss, so atlas quest panel would display quest info until you click a boss, then display boss strategy, until you close the strategy, or deselect the boss... hmm, but then we'd have a conflict between strategy diagrams and loot tables, maybe a check box to toggle between loot mode and strategy mode could fix that...

Biggest downside I see here is that the 'at-strat' addon would require atlas, and atlas quest, and atlas loot to all be present. But that doesn't bother me much since I keep all 3 anyway :)

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 am

There might be a few problems with your request:

a) The Author isn't here and we've no idea when he will be back

b) Dan wouldn't do this for Atlas1 and would suggest doing it yourself as a plugin

c) In Atlas2 (don't think there will be a new atlas anymore) would have overlays and stuff

d) there are already a few tacktic-mods out there
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo