Advanced search

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
12aven

Advanced search

Post by 12aven » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:04 am

Well this feature is about ATLAS LOOT. As i see for now atlas is the best add-on existing for viewing not only the loot from boss but the upgrade u could get from them to increase ur own gear.

At the moment i must say thats the search option is good but work only with the item name. I guess in the writing of this add-on only the item name apear but not their stats. Well thats can be tons off work but there the main idea.

Advanced search feature:

Search item not only by name but by stats, including spell dmg, healing bonus, critical rating...

This feature would be used ALOT by the player and would make the veiwing of the item listed in atlas loot much more easier than just trying to scroll all existing boss of ur instance lvl wich is long at lvl 70. End-game the player will find much more easier to find an upgrade for a specific stats, example a player got an helm with +65 healing bonus but want to see wich boss drop an upgraded version with more + healing or more stats.

This will probly need a hudge table with all item contained inside ''Atlas Loot'' with all stats possible listed

Also thats kind of thing has i know atm do not exist.

**note**
English is not my main language so im sry for any sentence error or everything else :D

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Re: Advanced search

Post by Dan Gilbert » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:25 am

AtlasLoot folks do read this forum, but in general:
http://www.daviesh.net/atlasloot_enhanced/phpBB3/

Hegarol

Post by Hegarol » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:30 am

This has been requested many times but I am afraid it is not possible.
Atlasloot has a complete other code structure than add ons like Lootlink. It is not possible to create dynamic search result pages in Atlasloot. If you want to search in game for items (stats) please use other mods (like Lootlink) and combine it with Atlasloot.

Please don't answer here, instead use the link Dan provided.
Atlasloot and Atlas are NOT the same. Atlasloot is a plugin for Atlas but we have our own team/forum/svn etc.
Atlasloot Project Lead ; Atlasloot Forum

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:24 am

This has been discussed many times before on my forum. For AtlasLoot to continue to provide as much information as it does AND do partial searches and that kind of thing, it requires a complete change in the way the addon operates.

I am working on a wishlist type feature that as some functionality that may be a stepping stone to more advanced searching, however that work has been suspended for now as I am in-between house and am stuck on pay-by-the-minute hotel internet. Timely AtlasLoot updates are difficult and new programming work is impossible for a little while longer. The rest of the team has been doing some loot cleanup to make my life a little easier (PvP stuff is next on the list) but for now we have more things to do than time to do them.