Rep Gained

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
Melch

Rep Gained

Post by Melch » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:31 pm

I was thinking it'd be nice to know how much rep you can get per instance run. I spent the last month grinding rep, and was thinking it would have been nice to know how many more runs I need before I hit revered or exalted. There are a couple of things to think of....

I would like it to show who you get rep with
I would like it to show for both reg and heroic runs
I would like it to show how much you get if you kill EVERYTHING in the instance.
I would like it to show thru what level you can still gain rep (friendly, honored, revered, exalted)
I don't want it to count for respawns (such as the demons in the second room of SL)
I want random spawns to be counted seperate (such as the assassins in SL are worth 12 rep each)
I realize that Shattered Halls might be hard, specially with the Gauntlet Run
(how much are each worth as separate mobs from the total? Also, you'd have to kill everything in one shot as not to count respawns)

for example for Shadow Labyrinth:

Lower City Rep:
Regular thru Exalted: 1854 + 12/Assassin
Heroic thru Exalted: #### + ##/Assassin

I got this number by counting the number of assassins we got, and then doing... Grand Total = Total - (#Assassins*12). Since I've already done alot of rep grinding, I can't really do the math for some of the lower level instances since rep stops at honored...Also, I'm 1000/1000 exalted in some places, or about to be. The other number I have so far is that reg Bot run gives 2236 Sha'tar rep.

I used Reputation Session Tracker to get those numbers. Any help getting the other numbers would be welcomed... :-)

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Re: Rep Gained

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:07 pm

This is something I'd be happy to add, but I want to keep it simple. Probably no more than one or two lines max with a ballpark number (rounded to the nearest thousand or hundred or so). Once solid data exists, I will add it.

Celellach

Post by Celellach » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Good idea but it isn't that easy to add.
It will need several runs of each instance (both heroic and normal) and i don't think the Atlas community (or at least those that read and post on these forums) is big enough to do this kind of thing.

If there was a way to know how many mobs are in each instance from reading the in-game files or something this would be much easier and faster.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:38 pm

btw: I think there are a few misstakes in rep-section in al...
in the eye and scc you don't get rep and in mana-tombs you don't get rep for the consortium without doing the qs in there
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Melch

Post by Melch » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Nihlo wrote:btw: I think there are a few misstakes in rep-section in al...
in the eye and scc you don't get rep and in mana-tombs you don't get rep for the consortium without doing the qs in there
I think mana tombs is one of those that you get rep to honor'd, but since it's low level, you don't get rep into honor'd. That might be why you aren't seeing rep there

As for one or two lines with a round up, can we actually round down to the nearest hundred? So the one line would look like this for Shadow Labs

Lower City Rep: ~1800/~####

With the first number being reg run, and the second number being heroic.

If we are rounding, then I think WoWWiki has averages, but don't know how close they are to the nearest 100's spot.
from WoWWiki:
"A complete clear of Mana-Tombs will give about 1200 reputation with the Consortium until Honored, and 2400 each Heroic clear."

It only takes one run with that addon I listed, but you don't get rep past 1000/1000 exalted so I can't see myself. Also, a thought I had not had was that raiding instances would be harder to track....The Eye, Karazhan, Mount Hydril, I am not in a guild that raids those thoroughly so I can't provide those either, but then again, most people are more watchful of their 5 man rep then the raiding ones.

EDIT: the numbers on WoWWiki seem to be a bit higher then what I got, as if they rounded up instead of down.
SL their 2000 to my 1854 and Bot their 2300 to my 2236, but I guess that's fine as most just want to know how many more runs till exalted, which those rounded numbers are close enough for that.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:44 pm

InstanceTime also stores the rep you get in the instance.
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Pelf

Post by Pelf » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:55 am

I believe wowwiki and/or wowhead have some notes on the instance pages for how much rep you get per clear. Might be able to get some of the data from those places.
Image Image Image Image Image

Celellach

Post by Celellach » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:27 pm

WoWWiki data:
Thrallmar:
Hellfire Ramparts - Full Clear ~600 rep (up to honored) / Heroic ~2000 rep
Blood Furnace - Full Clear ~780 (up to honored) / Heroic ~2200
Shattered Halls - Full Clear ~1,700 rep

Honor Hold:
Hellfire Ramparts - Full Clear 633 rep (up to honored) / no Heroic data
Blood Furnace - Full Clear ~750 rep (up to honored) / Heroic ~2700 rep

I assume both Honor Hold and Thrallmar should have the same amount of rep gained but its not exact.. Heroic BF has 500 rep differance which is a lot.