arith

Re: New major cities maps

Post by arith » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 pm

undercity.jpg
undercity.jpg (236.29 KiB) Viewed 17002 times

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm

hmmm i don't see any changes in ironforge o.o (i'm sad about this cause its the ometown of my main char o.o)

btw curse has send me a beta invite *jumping around*
2016 a Star Reborn...

arith

Post by arith » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 pm

probably no change in Ironforge

Celellach

Post by Celellach » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 am

I don't think IF's map was changed. It has some NPC changes tho in the Gnome section and the throne rome. Haven't checked the rest really. Also, as Gnomeragan isn't done yet there might still be changes. I also don't think i saw a Worgen there..

arith

Post by arith » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 am

Gilneas
Gilneas (pronounced Gil-NEIGH-ass) is a human nation and kingdom[1] located in the peninsula south-west of Silverpine Forest on the continent of Lordaeron. The kingdom was founded following the splitting of Arathor and is ruled by the House of Greymane. Besides the peninsula, the kingdom also included the island of Zul'Dare.
Gilneas.png
Gilneas.png (840.52 KiB) Viewed 16964 times

arith

Post by arith » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Kezan
The isle of Kezan is the tropical island homeland of the goblins. It was once inhabited by the trolls. The Undermine is located beneath the island.

The playable goblin race will experience a phased instance of Kezan in their earliest levels before being set loose in the Lost Isles.

Goblins are in charge on the Isle of Kezan, making the whole place a swarming cesspool of corruption, chaos, scheming and invention. Several cities exist on Kezan, including the nefarious Undermine, the de facto capital of the goblins’ trade empire. Kezan is a tropical island, and palm trees and other greenery appear in profusion. Kezan’s many ports bustle day and night as merchant ships approach and depart, carrying goods of all sorts to places of all sorts for people of all sorts. Kezan is a valuable way station between the eastern and western lands, and almost all travelers stop here, whether traveling by ship or gryphon or more esoteric means. The island is the heart of the goblins’ mercantile efforts, pumping trade throughout Azeroth.

Kezan is the largest and southernmost of the South Seas islands, and, despite the goblin presence, the safest. Unlike the surrounding islands, Kezan’s inhabitants won’t try to kill you on sight; rather, they first attempt to take your money and all your worldly possessions, then leave you to die on the rain-soaked cobblestone streets. Kezan’s ports are valuable neutral areas for both the Alliance and the Horde, and if not for the goblins trade would grind to a standstill and there wouldn't be adventurer shops in places like Stranglethorn Vale.
Kezan.png
Kezan.png (862.94 KiB) Viewed 16939 times

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Up to my understanding Gilneas and Kezan will not be the hometowns of the Worgen and Goblins. Since Kezan gets destroyed in the questline when you play goblin (you kick a bomb in the volcano of Kezan) it can impossibly be the Hometown. And Gilneas is attacked & Destroyed by the Bad Worgen and the Forsaken. The Worgen get a Place at Darnassus which is in the Beta now but without NPC and the Goblins have their Boat in front of Orgrimar, if they have a Place in OG i don't know.
2016 a Star Reborn...

arith

Post by arith » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 pm

That's interesting, maybe I should create a new character and try to experience it.

Celellach

Post by Celellach » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 am

PiDion is correct