About the Future...

Find NPCs in major towns and cities.

Moderators: PiDion, sheavi

PiDion

Re: About the Future...

Post by PiDion » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:51 am

As i See, you dont need a Beta Key to get the data, since the PTR server are online here in Europe ( yay 16gb of Patching -.-), but some People say that Kapersky Virus Protection says that there is a Kaylogger in it o.o
2016 a Star Reborn...

arith

Post by arith » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 am

I still have one free beta key, not sure if it's still working. Let me know if any of you may need it.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:06 am

since I didn't get a beta key, I'm trying to use PTR. But as always, it's unstable, the char-copy doesn't work yet and of course no cata-feature except the skilltrees
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Was meinst du eigentlich was in der beta los ist Nihlo? Char Copy geht nicht, Verbuggte Quests ohne ende, Abstürze des Spiels wenn du nur auf nen Worgen guckst im Einlogbildshirm.... Es ist zwar beta aber da ist grad genau soviel müll wie momentan mit dem PTR.
arith wrote:I still have one free beta key, not sure if it's still working. Let me know if any of you may need it.
It sould work, i had 2 Keys, one i used for myself and one für my Former Girlfriend, who is annoying me because she wants to play beta like the wotlk beta...... the only problem is she has a 128 kbit/s internet line and cant download the game -.-
2016 a Star Reborn...

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

aber du kannst da was neues sehn^^
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Andy

Post by Andy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Good news: I got a Beta key from curse today. So I will try to get the Beta installed this week.

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Andy wrote:Good news: I got a Beta key from curse today. So I will try to get the Beta installed this week.
HAve fun with it, the new Launcher is a Pain in the Ass, it works wonderful... if it works :P . and you have to download 18 gb, it took me about a week to get the complete german client because the download jumps from 450 kb/s to 50 kb/s. Through this having a beta key is not funny to begin with^^
2016 a Star Reborn...

arith

Post by arith » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Are you able to read this thread?
http://atlasmod.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1903

Atlas 1.18 beta is now stable enough to support plugins.

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:49 pm

I finished a new release 13 of AtlasMajorCities Enhanced.
Its the first 4.0.3a release and it works at the actual Beta-Server. I used Atlas 1.18.0 Beta for it.
I finished the english and german localization. For other localizations (esES, frFR, ruRU, zhCN, zhTW) I used the unchanged NPC and shop names, and replaced all others with english for now.

There are a few hints and suggestions for the localization:
First at all, two condition are needed:
To get the position, where the mouse points to, the configuration of the first camera zoom need a reset to its default (first person view). I mean the first of the 5 predefined camara positions, which could be changed.
Use the display of default tooltips, which are read to get the different informations. (Disable related addons.)
Disable the color blind mode, because this mode change the tooltip format.

The new AMC has many new commands, like already noted. For the localization only a few are needed.
Take into account, that all changes you do, are only saved in memory. If the game crash, all work is lost. So save your work frequently.
To save your changes to disk logout and login again. Or use the command "/reload", which save all addon data to disk and reload all addons.

First step: copy the db of your locale to your user space.

Code: Select all

/amc copydbtouser
This overwrite all actual user data of AMCE.

Second step: localization of the shop signs.

/amc reload
This activate and show the data of your user space in the Atlas window.

/amc signlabel
Show the location of all shop signs at the map.

/amc sign
This activate the shop sign scanning mode. Your camera view go to the first persion view. (First person view is needed there to relate the mouse position to game coordinates.)
Now go near a shop sign, put the mouse at the sign, that the tooltip of the sign is shown und press CTRL+SHIFT. This should change the shop title. To display the changed shop title type "/amc reload" again.
In Darnassus are often two shop signs one upon the other, so check which shop relates to which sign. The upper sign is for the upper shop.
Because of the coordinate grid used, the relation of the mouse to a sign become more worse, if you stand farther away. So, if the sign could not be identified, move your mouse to an other position the sign, or change your position (change your angle i.e. 90°) related to the sign. Difficult are the conditions in UC (signs are high) and Darnassus (there I had problems with the sign positions, because the map scale changed and I have to redo all signs later on).
The shop title shown in the list consists two parts: The text shown at the shop sign and a manual setup text, mostly used for comments. The shop comments are separated by a decimal point and set in a later step.

Third step: localization of all the NPCs.

/amc reload
This activate and show the data of your user space.

/amc npc
This activates the NPC scanning mode. You can use your preferred camera settings.
Click a NPC to take it in your target, and move the mouse over the target frame. Thats all.

Fourth step: localization of NPC comments.
To change the comment of a NPC (shown in brackets behind its name), use /amcc. (You can assign a key to it - check your key setup.) But I suggest to edit the field "AtlasMajorCities_Comment" in the file AtlasMajorCitiesEnhanced.lua in "World of Warcraft Beta\WTF\Account\{your ID}\SavedVariables", because most comments are the same, like "upstairs", or "outside the door". Search and replace works there much faster.

Fifth step: localization of zone names, shop title comments or manual setup of shop titles.

/amc reload
This activate and show the data of your user space.

/amc on
This activate the all text setup mode. There you can also scan signs and NPCs. Thats, your camera view go to the first persion view.
At first, in this mode you setup the zone titles with "/amcz". (You can assign a key to it - check your key setup.) It take the title, shown over your MiniMap, so look for a good position in the city quarter, showing the right title. It also set the city name, and continent. If a player is in your target, its race is assigned to the city. If the city name is shown over the MiniMap, a window will popup to request a zone name (i.e. needed in "The Commons" in IF, the quarter at the bank).
At second, in this mode you can setup or change shop title comments or manual setup shop titles. To do so, a few steps are needed:

/amc shoplabel
Show the location of all shops at the map. It shows the shops position and not the default label position. So you can compare the position with the world map, if you could not found it.

/amca
(You can assign a key to it - check your key setup.) Assign you to the shop at the actual position.
If possible, I setup the coordinate of the shop to its entrance. Shops are often larger, as the coordinate grid. Thats, look for its position at the map. And some times there are two shops on top of each other, or have two entrances. So check that you are at the right position.

/amct
(You can assign a key to it - check your key setup.) Open a window to edit the text of the shop title comment.
There is a way to make the live easier: Delete the shop comment and press enter. "/amct" again, and the text shown over the MiniMap is taken over to the edit window. Or with some text shown at the tooltip, this text is taken over to the edit window.

Last step: Add the data to the lacale database at the curse project page.
Go to the project page at curseforge, login, go to "Localization", go to "Import", choose your language, choose the format "Standard lua dictionary-style table", choose a namespace, and paste the related data field from your users AtlasMajorCitiesEnhanced.lua file to the text field.
I.e. to add the city names, choose "AtlasMajorCities_City0" as name space, and copy all lines of the field "AtlasMajorCities_City" from your users AtlasMajorCitiesEnhanced.lua file to the text field at the WEB-page. Copy all, but without "AtlasMajorCities_City = ". You must include the curly brackets, that the copied text starts and ends with curly brackets.

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 pm

I forgot to mention, if you find an additional NPC or one NPC vanished, tell me. Adding or removing need a change in the database, which is not part of the localizaton at the WEB-page. I use a bash-script to process it. I hope, there are no changes anymore, but it could be.
And I left out battle masters of weekly battle fields, because they change every week.

arith, had you already time to look at the code? Is it working for your locale?

arith

Post by arith » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am

The /amc command is not working.
Did I miss anything?

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 pm

I included a source code switch at the beginning of AtlasMajorCities.lua, which disable all the edit functions by default.
Its mentioned in the changelog file of r14.
To use the "/amc"-command, set the switch to "AtlasMajorCities_EditMode=true" and remove the comment lines from the file "Bindings.xml".

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:14 pm

I want to note there, that I started a new topic with beta release of AtlasMajorCitiesEnhanced.
Please, use this topic for notes to the new release.

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:09 pm

ok, now that Andy has released his version, i lock the topic, to avoid that people post wrong.

Anything about Andys AMCE here:

http://www.atlasmod.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1932
2016 a Star Reborn...