AMC Minor Update ?

Find NPCs in major towns and cities.

Moderators: PiDion, sheavi

ve6ay

AMC Minor Update ?

Post by ve6ay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:40 am

Hey folks.

I don't mean to overstep my bounds here, but I was looking through AMC the other night and saw that there were some inconsistencies with the training provided by the Weapons Masters in each city. Some of the skills learned were coloured in pink, some weren't.

I spent a little bit of time looking through the code, and found out where the inconsistencies were, and changed them. As such, I have come up with some updated code for the AMC project, and was wondering how I would go about submitting it for public review ?

I have posted the code on my Pastebin account, so anyone can look at it and view what is different about it. The lines that're highlighted are the ones that need the pink coding to match. There were a few that were different - UC, TB, and I think SW was missing out as well. I can't remember, since I fixed it and added that addon to my ignore list on the Curse Addon Updater.

Anyway, the link to the code is: http://phrozenfear.pastebin.com/f1e53b946

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Re: AMC Minor Update ?

Post by Dan Gilbert » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 am

Awesome! I hope this gets rolled into the mod.

ve6ay

Post by ve6ay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 pm

The nice thing is, it's such a small thing that anyone can just tweak their own file to fix it. The file is AtlasMajorCities.lua, right in the folder of the same name. If you wish to use my "fix" then just open the file in notepad, copy-paste my pastebin code, and then save it. When you log in next, all of the weapons-trainers will have their skills that they teach showing in pink like they should.

73 de
>>VE6AY

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 pm

the thing is, i release no version at the moment. When you want to add a fix, use the wowace svn, there you will get the latest version of amc ;)
2016 a Star Reborn...

ve6ay

Post by ve6ay » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 am

I'll see what I can do to try and figure it out. I've never been a coder in my life. Nor have I ever SVN committed anything. The only SVN I used to use was to grab source files.

Anyway, if someone would like to help me, I'll see what I can do about providing the updates for this code, and then we can see about distributing it to everyone else.

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:45 am

you can send all changes, not the complete code to me over pm, than i get that in the addon.
2016 a Star Reborn...