AtlasMajorCities Enhanced beta release v0.10 online

Find NPCs in major towns and cities.

Moderators: PiDion, sheavi

Andy

AtlasMajorCities Enhanced beta release v0.10 online

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm

I've set AtlasMajorCities Enhanced to beta stage. Thats, you can now download it from its curse page at:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... anced.aspx

It is localized for English (enUS/enGB) and German (deDE) . Other languages (French (frFR), Spanish (esES), Russian (ruRU), Simplified Chinese (zhCN), Traditional Chinese (zhTW) ) are partly included.
I will continue to collect in-game data for frFR, esES, and ruRU if the language packs become avaliable.
The localization of zhTW is in progress by arith, I think.

In this beta release all functions for the data collection are disabled be default (source code switch at the beginning of AtlasMajorCities.lua). Switch it on, if you want to play around with it. You will find some documentation and hints at the Topic About the Future... in this forum.

So, this release has all the known features of AtlasMajorCities plus the following:
  • uses the in-game city maps (the image folder of the addon include only dummy images, because Atlas need it)
  • overlay labels to the map, using an in-game font (should scale with the used resolution)
  • show the list of NPCs at a tooltip if the mouse move over a label at the map
  • uses an icon for letter boxes
Please, try it out, and post your feedback.

Andy

metalmight

Re: AtlasMajorCities Enhanced beta release v0.10 online

Post by metalmight » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Do I install the normal AMC and then this in addition to it?

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 pm

metalmight wrote:Do I install the normal AMC and then this in addition to it?
No.
The AMC is outdated.
The AMCE is the replacement for it.

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat May 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi,

I was away the last days, so my fix to AMC is a little late.
I fixed the incompatibility with the new loader of AtlasLoot. The solution was to force the load of AtlasLoot at login. All modules of AtlasLoot are still loaded dynamical.

I started also the implementation of a relative user DB, holding only changes and not the whole DB anymore, and want to try to make the localization procedure more handy. But I'm a little busy in the moment and also away some time the next weeks. So the progress ist slow.

I read that patch 4.1 changed or added some NPCs, so a check of the cities is needed too.

Andy

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:21 am

Looks like this addon is going nowhere now. Idk if andy is still playing and have the time to develop my little baby.

Maybe i come back and start on it again, the last few months were very busy for me. New Job, new GF and a child on the way with my new (- at the moment former GF), 5 level 85 chars in WoW, raiding, medieval festivals and the death of my grandfather.

Now it is itching to do :D

Lets not die this little, wonderful piece of plugin =)
2016 a Star Reborn...

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi PiDion,

nice to see you back.

I'm still playing WoW and are still working at the addon. I've done a rewrite of the data base structure, the search function and many other parts of the last (and first) beta, to make AMCE more independent of Atlas and resistant against its changes.
I added also a few new functions, like the display of the player position, the display of only search results in the map, ...
I was not at the PTR, so I will check and add the new NPCs after the 4.3 release.
To test the new version, get it from:
svn://svn.curseforge.net/wow/atlasmajorcities-enhanced/mainline/trunk
Your comments are very welcome.

To update the NPC and position database, your help would also be very welcome.
I extended the data collection mode and updated its database functions to add a mode to save only changes. This allow an easy submission of changes to the localization database at curse or even the forum.
If you are interested, I could update the short manual about the data collection I posted at the old threat to include the new functions. See the old post at:
http://www.atlasmod.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 7&start=45

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 pm

good to hear =)

I test it when i'm home from work, haven't done much with the svn and so on since you have take it over ^^
2016 a Star Reborn...

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 pm

The download from SVN should work with every SVN-client.
If you want to submit, you need to tunnel SVN throug SSH (svn+ssh) to curse. At your AMCE registered curse account you have to save your public ssh-key from your host. I'm using PuTTY+Pageant as SSH client and subcommander for SVN at WinXP.

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 am

Andy wrote:The download from SVN should work with every SVN-client.
If you want to submit, you need to tunnel SVN throug SSH (svn+ssh) to curse. At your AMCE registered curse account you have to save your public ssh-key from your host. I'm using PuTTY+Pageant as SSH client and subcommander for SVN at WinXP.
I still know how it works, but thanks for pointing it out, what kind of programs you use, in the past i had used TortoiseSVN but it does not meet my needs, i don't like the fact that it use the windows shell.
2016 a Star Reborn...

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 am

A new version with the 2 new major cities in Pandaria is in preparation.
Andy

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 pm

In the meantime version 1.0 of AtlasMajorCities Enhanced is released.
Get it from http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/atlasma ... s-enhanced