AtlasQuest 4.4.0

Interface for displaying an instance's quests.

Moderators: Lothaer, thandrenn, asurn

thandrenn

AtlasQuest 4.4.0

Post by thandrenn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 am

Soldiers arise, stand and fight! Bring victory at last to this fallen knight!

Changes for 4.4.0
- TOC updated for Patch 3.3.
- Support for Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection and Icecrown Citadel.
- Updated map names for the Atlas 1.15.2 Fan Update.
- Removed all Lich King Dungeon Daily and Heroic Daily quests.
- Rewards for Horde Auchenai Crypts: "Wanted: The Exarch's Soul Gem" were missing.
- Updated Foror's Compendium & Forging of Quel'Serrar quests to note that they can no longer be started anew with patch 3.2.2.
- Updated: SM GY: Call the Headless Horseman for level 80.
- Updates all localizations.

- Quests added:
  • Forge of Souls: Inside the Frozen Citadel
  • Forge of Souls: Echoes of Tortured Souls
  • Pit of Saron: The Pit of Saron
  • Pit of Saron: The Path to the Citadel
  • Pit of Saron: Deliverance from the Pit
  • Halls of Reflection: Frostmourne
  • Halls of Reflection: Wrath of the Lich King
  • Naxxramas: Anub'Rekhan Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Naxxramas: Instructor Razuvious Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Naxxramas: Noth the Plaguebringer Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Naxxramas: Patchwerk Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Ulduar: Flame Leviathan Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Ulduar: Ignis the Furnace Master Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Ulduar: Razorscale Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Ulduar: XT-002 Deconstructor Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Trial of the Crusader: Lord Jaraxxus Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Obsidian Sanctum: Sartharian Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Eye of Eternity: Malygos Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
  • Icecrown Citadel: Lord Marrowgar Must Die! (Raid Weekly)
Notes
-With the removal of the Lich King Dungeon daily quests you may notice extra Quest Completed (gear) icons on the quest list. If this is a major annoyance, removing your Atlasquest.lua file from the WTF folder will take care of it.
In the next major version I plan on adding support for the new quest query function so that AtlasQuest will automatically know what you've done.

- Boss numbers for the new Patch 3.3 dungeons are based on the list used by the Atlas 1.15.2 fan update.

Downloads
Google Code
IncGamers
Curse
WoW Interface

Nihlo

Re: AtlasQuest 4.4.0

Post by Nihlo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 am

great as always than

btw: what about this new "quest already finished"-function ? and could you include it ?
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Jeehell

Post by Jeehell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:26 pm

I wonder if it Is possible to query the quests one by one in order to use it in the add-on instead of calling down the whole list of a character... According to this post on the WoW forums :

QUEST INFORMATION
* NEW - QueryQuestsCompleted() requests that the server send the client a list of completed quest ids. Once the list is received the QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE event is fired. (There is a limit on how frequently this can be called)
* NEW - tbl = GetQuestsCompleted([tbl]) populates a table (creating one if necessary) with the ids of completed quests as keys with true values.

It seems to be a very intensive function to use because they limit its call frequency. First, you have to get the list... then wait for the event QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE to trigger (obiviously, getting this long list is not instant), then fill out a table to use it... I wonder how fast this process would be... especially for those that have well over 3000 quests completed... (I do, according to the armory, I should be around 3850 different quests done 6771 quests - 3185 dailies + 1st time dailies (301 quests horde side) )...

Of course, It would be a great thing not to have to tick the quests that I have done in the AQ panel and have AQ check each quests individually in the table... but if this process is triggered each time I open up Atlas... I'm afraid it might slow down Atlas quite a bit (if not a crawl)... Still, it is worth trying to see what kind of results we might end up with....

Just brainstorming a bit...

Jeehell

thandrenn

Post by thandrenn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 am

I'm not really sure. I loaded up EveryQuest to see how they implemented it. When I queried my main's quests (which are well over 3000), the client lagged a few seconds.

It'd be nice if I could just query for a specific quest id. But that'd be way too easy.

If I must I'll either put it in a startup so that it only happens on login or do some kind of thing like EveryQuest did where you have to go into options and click an Import button or something.