1.12.0 translation status (False Start)

For Atlas localization discussions.
Telchar

Re: Please post here when 1.12.0 translation is complete.

Post by Telchar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:04 am

so here's the list:
- 'kalecgos' is listed twice; in MT and SP
- 'path to broken stairs' in Kara A and B
- the scholo keys are still not externalized properly; i mean that the whole names of kirtonos and darkreaver should stand in the brakets
- the postmaster key in strat could be externalized better; again the whole name within the brakets
- 'wanders' and 'patrols' means actually the same; you've changed all 'patrols' into 'wanders' for the core plugin already, now you should do that for the implemented entrance maps as well
- the entrances on the gnomeragan instance map are called 'Main' and 'workshop', on the entrance map they are called 'front' and 'back'; maybe that should be matched
- in the FP plugin 'Stormwind' should be changed in 'Stormwind City'
- 'the dark portal' is mentioned on the FP outland map, maybe it should be mentioned on FP east as well
- the FP maps 'East' and 'West', should be called 'Eastern Kingdoms' and 'Kalimdor'

i'm on a holiday for the next two weeks now so i can't implement those changes on the german end. Nihlo da bist du dann dran, sonst hab ich aber alle sachen übersetzt, d.h. sonst sollte alles fertig sein.

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Telchar wrote:so here's the list:
- 'kalecgos' is listed twice; in MT and SP
- 'path to broken stairs' in Kara A and B
- the scholo keys are still not externalized properly; i mean that the whole names of kirtonos and darkreaver should stand in the brakets
- the postmaster key in strat could be externalized better; again the whole name within the brakets
- 'wanders' and 'patrols' means actually the same; you've changed all 'patrols' into 'wanders' for the core plugin already, now you should do that for the implemented entrance maps as well
- the entrances on the gnomeragan instance map are called 'Main' and 'workshop', on the entrance map they are called 'front' and 'back'; maybe that should be matched
- in the FP plugin 'Stormwind' should be changed in 'Stormwind City'
- 'the dark portal' is mentioned on the FP outland map, maybe it should be mentioned on FP east as well
- the FP maps 'East' and 'West', should be called 'Eastern Kingdoms' and 'Kalimdor'

i'm on a holiday for the next two weeks now so i can't implement those changes on the german end. Nihlo da bist du dann dran, sonst hab ich aber alle sachen übersetzt, d.h. sonst sollte alles fertig sein.
Fixed everything listed here in r338, except:
it's mentioned on the outland map because there's a flight path right there, not so for Eastern Kingdoms (I believe)

in addition, I've changed the dungeon locations maps to "Eastern Kingdoms" and "Kalimdor" in the same way as the FP maps.

Thanks for all the fixes Telchar!

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:46 am

atm unable to login in the svn...dunno why,always said failed...
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 am

Nihlo wrote:atm unable to login in the svn...dunno why,always said failed...
still? I just successfully connected and updated.

Kiria

Post by Kiria » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:28 pm

French ready for release.
Khiria @ Medivh - EU
Migration de Kiria @ Uldaman - EU

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:26 am

Small bug in French:
http://www.atlasmod.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... t=15#p9692

Dan, this kind of bug used to happen ALL THE TIME with AtlasLoot. The easy way to get around it is to force translators to use a better format.

Instead of:

Code: Select all

AtlasLocale = {
	["Adult"] = "Adulte";
	["AKA"] = "AKA";
	["Alliance"] = "Alliance";
	["Arcane Container"] = "Arcane Container";
};
Use:

Code: Select all

AtlasLocale["Adult"] = "Adulte";
AtlasLocale["AKA"] = "AKA";
AtlasLocale["Alliance"] = "Alliance";
AtlasLocale["Arcane Container"] = "Arcane Container";
The difference is subtle, but what is basically means is that if you change something in the English file, you don't get errors while waiting for the translators to catch up, the mod will just fall back to English for those words. The first method wipes out all the English stuff from memory and replaces it with the translated table. The second method ONLY overwrites the words that have translations, anything not translated remains in memory in English (hence no 'nil value' errors).

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 am

I have mixed feelings. One one hand, it would stop an error form occurring, true. On the other hand, isn't the error a good thing, since it highlights the fact that there's a mistake that needs to be fixed?

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:39 pm

That is why I did things the way you are doing them for such a long time, but the reality is that you can't check for any errors yourself, you need your translators to do that for you. While for the bulk of languages it won't be a problem, I am sure for a couple of languages you won't hear from your translators regularly. 90% of the WoW community that encounter a bug don't report it, they just throw the mod away.

This method also allows for minor tinkering around the edges of the mod without causing issues with the translations.

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am

Bug in French: Line 1074 of the French Atlas localisation file. The 't' in Kael'thas should be lower case.

Bug in German: The translation for the Postmaster on line 863 needs to be split into two strings like the French bug earlier.

Quick and dirty bug check before release Dan, just replace the 'if ( GetLocale() == "xxXX" ) then' with enUS for each translation in turn and see if any errors pop up.

Kiria

Post by Kiria » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:11 am

Hegarol wrote:
Kiria wrote: Atlas 1.12.0 will probably be my last contribution to the project as french translator, I stopped playing WoW this month. But I will continue to participate in the light of my free time, may be...
Thats not an argument :P I stopped playing WoW a YEAR ago and I am still Co-Author of Atlasloot :)
Daviesh wrote:The bug is in the French Atlas file:

Line 838 needs to be two lines:
["3rd Box Opened"] = "3ème boîte ouverte";
["Postmaster Malown"] = "Postier Malown";

Bug in French: Line 1074 of the French Atlas localisation file. The 't' in Kael'thas should be lower case.
That's why I said that I was going to stop. I can't connect to the game, and then test my work, it's quite frustrating. :) But I will continue as long as I can...
Khiria @ Medivh - EU
Migration de Kiria @ Uldaman - EU

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:11 am

I wasn't implying anything, I would have fixed the bugs myself but I access the Atlas stuff in a read-only capacity. I was just posting them up for anyone to fix.

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Ok, I'm locking 1.12 for release with r351, barring any bugs.