Atlas updates aren't registering with each other...

Having trouble installing or using Atlas?
plaidfox

Atlas updates aren't registering with each other...

Post by plaidfox » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm

I love Atlas. Really, I do. I like to look at gear while I fly. It's a good time. However, I'm having some problems.

I'm playing wow on my pc, and I recently updated atlas and atlas loot to the latest version, 1.15.1 or whatever. However, when I play, I get this error:

It has been detected that your version of Atlas does not match the version that Atlasloot is tuned for (1.14.2). Depending on changes, there may be the occasional error, so please visit http://www.atlasmod.com as soon as possible to update.

Normally I update all my mods either through the curse client or wowmatrix. I manually downloaded both Atlas and Atlasloot and installed the newest versions myself, to no avail. I even deleted all the variables I could find the the WTF folder. Anyone have any ideas?

Daviesh

Re: Atlas updates aren't registering with each other...

Post by Daviesh » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Dan put out 1.15.1 much quicker than I expected. The current AtlasLoot loads for 1.15.0 as the 'preview' Atlas, so works fine. I am TRYING to push out an update that make 1.15.1 the 'main' Atlas, but I have to wait for the wowace SVN server to come back up. In the meantime, you can just edit AtlasLoot/Core/AtlasLoot.lua and near the top make ATLASLOOT_PREVIEW_ATLAS = "1.15.1";

Tomalla

Post by Tomalla » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:31 am

Daviesh wrote:...you can just edit AtlasLoot/Core/AtlasLoot.lua and near the top make ATLASLOOT_PREVIEW_ATLAS = "1.15.1";
It works :D

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:15 am

dave, could al check the atlas version and would still load if it is the version it was made for...or higher ? I mean, just a reminder and a button like "load anyway". Usually there are only probs if the al version is higher than atlas.
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:16 am

Nihlo wrote:dave, could al check the atlas version and would still load if it is the version it was made for...or higher ? I mean, just a reminder and a button like "load anyway". Usually there are only probs if the al version is higher than atlas.
Not usually a problem, as AtlasLoot goes out more often than Atlas and I always have the current version and the upcoming version supported. The issue this time is that two Atlas versions came out in about 3 days, which was quicker than I expected. Not simple to compare versions, as Dan doesn't always use two digits for the revision number (ie: 1.15.1 vs 1.15.01). So you can imagine a situation where I am comparing (hypothetical) 1.14.12 vs 1.15.1. A simple version check would say 1.14.12 is the newest version (11412 > 1151), so I would need to muck around with the logic a bit and essentially to three checks to see if it is a new version!

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Dan is here...Dan! promise to use always the same count of digits for the rev numbers !!!!^^
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

plaidfox

Post by plaidfox » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Awesome, thanks Daviesh, that worked!

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:03 pm

My version number scheme is basically X.Y.Z where X is major version, Y is minor version, and Z is minor revision; and the numbers have always been non-padded with zeros. I used to release minor versions as just X.Y but now they're X.Y.Z (eg. 1.15.0, not 1.15). Moving forward, I'd be happy to change the scheme if it's easier for AL or anyone else. My guess is things are okay as they are; there will always be a little lag between Atlas and AL releases, and the version checks probably still do more good than harm.