Atlas Loot Queries

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
Joey2250

Atlas Loot Queries

Post by Joey2250 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:30 am

Don't know if this has been stated elsewhere before:

Is there a way to back up which items i have queried already? I frequently ghost my computer (basically a format) and seem to always loose the items that have been queried safe. A good feature, i think, would be an automated query system. It starts at the lowest lvl instance and scans till it hits a item that disconnects the user. It would be a manual process obviously to prevent an infinite loop when logging in.

Daviesh

Re: Atlas Loot Queries

Post by Daviesh » Sun May 27, 2007 7:23 am

No, Blizzard wipe it for their own reasons, there is no way to 'save' it. Automated queries also would not work, when disconnecting, the UI has no opportunity to save it's state, so nothing would be cached and the UI would have no idea where you are up to.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sun May 27, 2007 7:46 am

yeah but there're sections which wouldn't cause discos like repu-pages or in generall all items which are sold by a vendor. A button on every page to querry all items on it would be cool.
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Sun May 27, 2007 8:10 am

It would be lagorific, but I suppose it could be something implemented as a button on the options screen or something (so you can do it in a safe place), but it would only makes sense for rep items and PvP items.

Joey2250

Post by Joey2250 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:42 pm

What if it was an option on a per instance basis? Like when you selected RFK you could click a button and it would query all items from that loot table only. If it succeeded in all of them it would save. If it didn't you basically have to go one by one. It might not be practical, but i hate when i check some low level instance or something i know i have personally ran 20 times and things are showing unsafe.

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Mon May 28, 2007 4:11 pm

Can't do instances, because caches are reset partially every day, there would be no point. Instead of being able to put the red box around stuff and indicate you MIGHT get disconnected, you may start getting disconnected from items that were fine the day before.

Joey2250

Post by Joey2250 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:51 am

Why does Blizzard have to be so difficult?

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Tue May 29, 2007 4:45 am

1) Space efficiency
2) To reduce bugs from minor fixes/patches server side
3) Prevent data mining
4) Stop spamming of bogus links (common pre-1.10)

They are 4 I can think of off the top of my head, I am sure there are more.