Dynamic Flags instead of numbers

Ideas for the future of Atlas.
sheavi

Dynamic Flags instead of numbers

Post by sheavi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 pm

I know you have a lot of work at the moment Dan, but still, here's my suggestion. Instead of having to put numbers on maps, I would suggest making a dynamic flag appear at the right place on the map upon mouse-hovering on the boss name. Clicking on it would make the flag stay. Flags would be the same as they are on blizzard maps when you ask a guard for directions. I know this would require a database of all boss positions for each instances, but it would still look greater than numbers.

Also, I was thinking about a thin overlay on the boss name upon mouse-over, probably like you see when you mouse-over a player frame on the PerfectRaid addon. Here's a link: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... tRaid.html

Sheavi. :D

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Re: Dynamic Flags instead of numbers

Post by Dan Gilbert » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm down with the dynamic markers idea, mouseover info, etc. But you're right that it represents a big change. Prio 1 is getting everything up to date and out the door. Once that's done I can start on these kinds of improvements as time allows.

arith

Re: Dynamic Flags instead of numbers

Post by arith » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:39 pm

This is more like fulfilled, although we still use numbers, but mouse hover will show the details. So you even can ignore the legend (in the right panel).