Map system does not allow live movement

What you like and what you don't.
Aanubus

Map system does not allow live movement

Post by Aanubus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:41 am

Before I tick anyone off I love atlas and have been using it forever. However I find for maps that cartographer is better. It allows me to have the map open and monitor my direction. It seems when I install Atlas it clashes in some way with Cartographer. I can no longer open "other maps" that is maps other than the curent zone I am located. Cartgrahpher provides Fishing levels, player levels many things I like. It is not as good for instances but Atlas only goes Hellfire and Coilfang. None of the others are listed. Atlas loot is required. The set listings is awesome and very valuable.

So perhaps I could just mention that the clash that occurs with other mapping systems if that could be resolved. It would be great. My UI is PhotekUI V7 btw.

Many thanks for all your wonderful work.

Daviesh

Re: Map system does not allow live movement

Post by Daviesh » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 am

Have you looked at the beta versions of Atlas at all? Is the problem still there? All the missing maps are fixed at any rate.

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm a little unsure what you mean by "monitor direction."

Atlas and Cartographer have different aims and suit different needs. Cartographer is a complete World Map replacement with many features, while Atlas focuses solely on Instance Maps (and few additional maps).

Aanubus

Post by Aanubus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:27 am

It seems Atlas when installed clashes with Cartographer. I can no longer use the pull down menu to change to Eastern Kingdoms etc.

In terms of monitor movement. I can in real time watch the direction I'm flying and make adjustements to my direction while the Map is open.

I can only assume it is Atlas and Cartograoher have this clash. If I remove Atlas and re-install Cartograher my problems are solved. However to feed back equipment links to my guild I would much prefer Atlas to be installed. I love it, one of the best addons ever created.

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:34 am

That doesn't answer the question. Please check out the release candidate of the next version of Atlas (available here) and see if you are still having issues, chances are any clashes have been fixed.

dcemuser

Post by dcemuser » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:34 pm

I'm using Cartographer with Atlas (both latest versions - update from WoWAce if your Atlas is already up to date (version 1.9RC1)), and I have no problems at all.

As for the live movement part, I think he is trying to say that Cartographer (and the default world map) lets you see the arrow (you) move on the map. He wants Atlas to include his position and heading on the map - which currently isn't possible.
Ambassador Anode - 80 Undead Warlock, Malfurion
Bloodsail Admiral Edona - 70 Blood Elf Rogue, Malfurion
Dòra - 65 Blood Elf Paladin, Malfurion
Yserian - 60 Blood Elf Priest, Malfurion
"you're awesome :shock: :shock: :D" - Dan Gilbert

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:40 pm

Aye aye, no player arrow for instance maps. :( :( :(

Aanubus

Post by Aanubus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:23 pm

Thanks dcemuser but not quite right. Rather than complicate the whole thing. Lets just say with Atlas (from curse) and Cartographer (from curse) both installed, Cartographer no longer operates correctly.

As Daveish says I'll try the Beta version out and see how that goes :). Be back to you in a few hours to tell you of any success.

***Edit***

Well I am back and no problem with the new version of Atlas and Cartographer. Now to add AtlasLoot and see if that bugs it.

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:12 am

Make sure you use the right AtlasLoot, the standard 'release' one will not work with beta and release candidate Atlas versions.

Aanubus

Post by Aanubus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Yep :D your right the standard one does not work properly. Every time I log in it tells me I'm using an incompatible version and tells me to come here. Just got to find the right one. Went to Daveish's site and followed download link.

Am I supposed to get that "deteted an incompatible version" everytime??

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Unless you have the right version, you will get that every time.

You need 2.04 Beta 7 for the release candidate. The last version I did for the beta was Beta 5 i think.

Shadeslove

Post by Shadeslove » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:55 pm

It would be a nice feature if the map did show you what direction you were going, since I do get lost in some of the dungeons.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:46 am

Unfortunately it's not that easy. A Atlasmap consists of minimap-screenshots sticked together. A kind of ingame auto-generated map wich shows your position and those of your partymembers would need a complete rewrite of the addon.
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo