Helpful Changes

What you like and what you don't.
Gorashi

Helpful Changes

Post by Gorashi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:32 pm

With the enhancements to flight paths in 1.10 I think the flight path part of Atlas could use some changes.

1. Have just the icons for the location of the flight paths. The lines with the paths themselves are now obsolete and only server to clutter the map. This will allow players to ensure that they have the paths on a cleaner looking map. - Alternate suggestion have a check box to let the player choose to have the paths shown or not. This might make more people happy.

2. Someome suggested having buttons to select the different lists. Flight path, BG, and instance. Its a good idea but I propose going a step further. Enhance the UI of Atlas to have a push button to select say Flight Paths. Then have a radio button/checkbox for each option (Alliance East/West & Horde East/West). The same could be done for BG since there are only 3 options. Instances would have to stay on a pulldown menu being that there are so many.

3. An option to sort the instance list would be cool. The default could be alphabetical like it is now. Have an option to change it to have the list grouped by levels. Low level instances, mid lvl and high level/raid instances would make it easier for players to find what is suitable for them.

Let me know what you think!

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:35 am

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

1. I understand that the FP maps are a little cluttered (I tried my best with them) but removing the lines would remove a lot of the info as well. People need to know what flights are available from each point. How are they obsolete?

2. I like it. I'll try and do something like this down the road.

3. Also in the works :wink:

Dan

Gorashi

Post by Gorashi » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 pm

With 1.10 and the linked flight path system the lines on the map really don't mean much anymore.

All players really need to know is where to the points are. If clicking on a destination from a few hops away gets you there in the most direct manner then the lines aren't really yielding a benefit IMO - the game chooses them for you.

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:51 pm

It all makes sense now. I'll remove the lines.