suggestion and a rant

What you like and what you don't.
tyroney

suggestion and a rant

Post by tyroney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:44 pm

First, to get it out of the way: it's a stockade of the Stormwind jail. One stockade. There aren't two or more of them. Ok, thanks for listening.

On to my real suggestion: add a little bit of code so that you can right click the atlas frame and get the regular world map. I'll come back with some lua in a while.

Possible caveat: would this make sense to do when you aren't in an instance?

Small note: I worked some vodoo to get the world map to appear once while atlas was replacing, and it worked, but came up stretched wide, and I couldn't click the button to close it, and I died as a result. (the 'm' key did nothing) I don't know why it was mis-scaled, I couldn't reproduce, and I don't know offhand whether other mods might bypass the worldmap replacement of atlas, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Ok, Back with code later. I might even register, if I can get over the whole "stockades" fiasco.

-tyrone

http://www.tyroney.com/wow.html

tyroney

Post by tyroney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Ah, I found the worldmapframe issue was found and dealt with.

-tyrone

tyroney

Post by tyroney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:51 pm

while I'm spamming my own thread, I'll mention the lack of map-goodness for the area outside the portal in Uldaman.

(I spent an entire week wandering around in and out of that instance as a stealthed druid before I discovered that the north common hall was to the south for whatever reason.)

-tyrone, who might as well register before someone gets annoyed and usurps my name to post unsavory things

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi, Tyroney...

1. Fair enough, I'll change it back to "The Stockade"

2. The right-clicking thing interests me. I'll let you lua around with that and check it out when you have something working.

3. As you already noticed, I've addressed the world map thing and hopefully it'll be much better now. Time and testing will tell.

I'm trying to get a new version out tonight. Cross your fingers.

Dan

would be tyroney

Post by would be tyroney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:52 pm

oops. I guess I hit the under 15 button when I registered. So I'm still not me. But here's the code for the world map tweak:

in Atlas.xml:

Code: Select all

<OnMouseUp>
 AtlasFrame:StopMovingOrSizing();
 </OnMouseUp>
changes to:

<OnMouseUp>
 AtlasFrame:StopMovingOrSizing();
 Atlas_OnClick();
 </OnMouseUp>

in Atlas.lua add:

function Atlas_OnClick()
 if arg1=="RightButton" then
 Atlas_Toggle();
 SetMapToCurrentZone();
 SetupWorldMapScale(WorldMapFrame);
 ShowUIPanel(WorldMapFrame);
 end
end
Un thoroughly tested, seemed to work fine, right-click opens up the world map. No options, though I could be cajoled into adding a checkbox and requisite variable to the caboodle if it's deemed necessary. (since it would be a tiny amount of good practice for me)

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:48 pm

Cool.

I think I can handle the Options business. I'll add this in right now and see how it goes. Thanks!

Dan