"Search" functionality

What you like and what you don't.
Zagash

"Search" functionality

Post by Zagash » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 am

hi,

Is there any way to use "seach" function to searching AtlasLoot items globally from its database instead of searching bosses' name (is this for what, IDK)?

So for example I want to search all AtlasLooot items which contain "magister" or it would be more wonderful if we can search for weapon/equip classes:

for instance: I use the "chest" phrase (selectable epic/blue - plate/mail/leat/cloth opt) so I can get a nice list of all droppable chests from AtlasLoot db to compare. This would be a miracle. :)

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 am

The search box you see is part of Atlas, not AtlasLoot.

The AtlasLoot database was never designed with such a function in mind, and as such the database structure is pretty hopeless for searching.

With Hegarol helping me out with the item database maintainence I have started the early stages of what may eventually become a limited search ability, but it will never reach the point where you could just type 'chest' and all the chests in the game appear, the addon would not cope. For starters I am AIMING (very preliminary at this point, I can't promise anything) to have the ability to type in the name of an item into AtlasLoot and (if a match is found) show the loot table it drops from. AtlasLoot was never designed to be a Lootlink so I am very restricted in what I can do.

Osakikaru

Re: "Search" functionality

Post by Osakikaru » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 am

This search can find what.