Thanks!

How long did an instance take to finish?
Forum rules
Sometime in the future I'd like to include "Length" (as in time) as a piece of information associated with each instance map. How do we arrive at this information? Lots of data. So, please time your instance runs, and post them here. Please keep in mind: This isn't about speed runs, this is about normal, average runs with a regular party in which the instance is "completed" (whatever that means). If there's already a thread for the instance you're reporting on, please reply to it. If there isn't, just create a new thread with the instance's name. This project was started on August 19, 2007.
Dan Gilbert
Developer

Thanks!

Post by Dan Gilbert » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:41 am

I just wanted to say thanks, Nalumis, for all the data you've posted here. I'm not sure if or when this feature will make into the addon, but the information you've posted is appreciated. :D

Thank you Dazerdude and mattvernon too.

What do you guys think? Is this a lost cause?

Nalumis

Re: Thanks!

Post by Nalumis » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 am

I think the timings will be very helpful, especially if more data from other people is added, but they depend very much on the group. With some groups I need double the time as with some other groups.

I am continueing to write down all my timings for instances and will post an upgrade here if you wish it soon, but I will not include special runs where we need a full hour to kill the end boss or something like that. As an example, in my last posting I wrote that my only Blood Furnace heroic run took 2:19, and yesterday I made it within 60 minutes. The timings should be with 0 to 2 or 3 wipes to remain comparable. Players who are not familiar with the instance or with their character should add some time for themselves.

More data is of course needed especially for the instances I don't like (CoT, Auchindoun) and for the non-heroic instances with people all at the recommended level range and items (so not a group consisting of 4 level 70 full-epics that pull one level 70 green through shadow labs for the kara pre).

As for the low-level instances, I can say that they are very hard to measure, because the level diversification is mostly too big and it much depends on if the players know how to play the game (tank pulls, primary target, silence when the mobs heal themselves etc.) or not. Further, you have leave out many things in the old instances or have things that cost more or less time, like getting the White punch card in Gnomeregan which is a random drop without that you cannot (or: will not) proceed in the instance. Yesterday, I made Razorfen Kraul within 1,5 hours or so; it was just boring, so after it we went to Scarlet Monastery (Libabry) where the mobs where 6 levels above us. We cleaned it within 1 hour. All of us have at least one level 70 character. Do it with a random group and you will wipe, wipe and wipe.

One more thing: In normal outland instances you can guess that the people will remove all trash for reputation, in heroic instances you can guess that they just do the neccessary trash and concentrate on bosses. That is easily 30 min oder more in Slave pens e. g.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:23 am

hmm...ich finds eher ziemlich sinnfrei^^ die instanz-zeit hängt zu sehr von equip,grp-zusammenstellung,lags,luck,skill,wie oft man drin war,wie oft man zusammen spielt,wie oft man zusammen drin war,wie spät es is,wieviel bock man hat,wieviel alk man hat,wieviel fraun dabei sin,wie oft man leute auswechseln muss,discos,realm crashes...etc etc

halte es für absolut unmöglich genau zeitn herauszufindn
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

PiDion

Post by PiDion » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Nihlo wrote:hmm...ich finds eher ziemlich sinnfrei^^ die instanz-zeit hängt zu sehr von equip,grp-zusammenstellung,lags,luck,skill,wie oft man drin war,wie oft man zusammen spielt,wie oft man zusammen drin war,wie spät es is,wieviel bock man hat,wieviel alk man hat,wieviel fraun dabei sin,wie oft man leute auswechseln muss,discos,realm crashes...etc etc

halte es für absolut unmöglich genau zeitn herauszufindn
Das stimmt, Mal kann man mit der einen Gruppe Zul'Farrak z.B. in einer stunde machen und mit der Selben gruppe 2 tage später in 3 stunden da Blizz wieder an den server bastelt z.B.
2016 a Star Reborn...

Xynas

Post by Xynas » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:07 am

Sometimes the amount of time an instance run takes also depends on the group make up.. and the people.
I've had instance runs with people of the level range of the instance breeze through it... and i've had terribad runs where the tank and his friends decide to take 15 minute breaks between every few pulls... made me want to claw my eyes out

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah, it's such a variable thing that I doubt this information will ever actually be added to Atlas in any useful form.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:09 pm

the only possibility would be a plugin which tracks the time, calculates an average etc...just what InstanceTime does. Everything eles doesn't make sense...had been in utgarde with 4 noobs about 72 on Friday and took more time than with 2 70 from my raid a week earlier...
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo