Future of AtlasLoot

Talk about anything you want to.
Daviesh

Future of AtlasLoot

Post by Daviesh » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 am

I thought I would take a moment and let everyone know where we are going with AtlasLoot. Some of you will have noticed a change in the project lead role in the past couple of weeks and others have been questioning why there has not been an update for a while.

For the past couple of years I have been finding myself with less and less time to maintain AtlasLoot, indeed a pretty much stopped playing WoW around the same time as I had to much else going on in my personal life. To get around this, I have been reaching out for help, and indeed the last 12 to 18 months has seen some fantastic teamwork. As of the Cataclysm expansion, Hegarol will be taking over from me as 'project lead'. As I have said, AtlasLoot is a TEAM project so most people won't notice a difference. I still plan to hang around in the background offering advice for the guys and lending a hand if needed.

The next AtlasLoot version will obviously be out for Patch 3.3.5. The reason there has not seemed to be much activity lately is that we are very focused on Cataclysm and are doing some fairly big surprises we are sure you guys will like. This is such a massive codebase change, that we are starting as early as we can.

I hope everyone gives Hegarol the support you have given me, AtlasLoot still continues and will continue as long as we can see.

-Daviesh

Lothaer

Re: Future of AtlasLoot

Post by Lothaer » Wed May 12, 2010 5:23 am

Sorry to hear that Dave if you guys need any beta testing just PM me and ill be glad to lend a hand.
Titan Team Member.

Hegarol

Post by Hegarol » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 am

Lothaer wrote:Sorry to hear that Dave if you guys need any beta testing just PM me and ill be glad to lend a hand.
As soon as we have a Cataclysm version that is usable and contains most of the code changes we will invite some people to test :)
But that won't be the case for at least another two months.
Atlasloot Project Lead ; Atlasloot Forum

Lothaer

Post by Lothaer » Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 am

coolies hopefully i can get into the beta.
Titan Team Member.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Wed May 12, 2010 11:47 am

that's what we all want...although I'd been in all usa and europa closed and open betas for classic wow, never had enough luck to get into bc or wotlk beta.

gz hega
[color=red]Dan Gilbert[/color] wrote:you're my hero Nihlo

seriously
Sum quod credo

Lothaer

Post by Lothaer » Wed May 12, 2010 12:09 pm

i wasnt in classic beta but i had 2 keys for BC and 3 keys for WotLK :D
Titan Team Member.

Hegarol

Post by Hegarol » Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Had a key for the open European beta and WotLK. I am pretty sure I will get into the Cata beta ;)
Atlasloot Project Lead ; Atlasloot Forum

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Wed May 12, 2010 4:13 pm

hate you allllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^

seriously
Sum quod credo

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 am

Nihlo wrote:hate you allllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^
Write a mod or two :-). Mod authors GENERALLY get in late in these betas to iron the kinks out of the API.

Nihlo

Post by Nihlo » Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 am

Yes I know, but I'm just not able to do even a simple one. I'm a paramedic, a freelancer for a computer-magazine and not very well myself. Haven't got any time and don't know anything about coding except fitting in a local. But had a lot of ideas, maybe next year when I try to be back in raidleading-business I can maybe pay a own modder to make a few raidleaderaddons^^

Guess have to hope for blizz's mercy

seriously
Sum quod credo

Lothaer

Post by Lothaer » Thu May 13, 2010 11:19 am

My come here mod is a very simple mod but as i am NOT very adept (not even close) at any sort of code i got alot of help from some expert mod authors to get it done and there isnt a lot of code either.

and just so you guys/gals know i WILL be updating Come Here to work with Leap of Faith aka Life Grip :D
Titan Team Member.