New Versions

Talk about anything you want to.
Wynter

New Versions

Post by Wynter » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:54 pm

I have used every single new version that has been updated in the last month, and I still find a constant error related to the "instance and continent choice menus" on the main Atlas Screen being out of place and inaccessible. Is this known? every update says it is fixed but it is not.

Also, by definition, you cannot have HALF of a TIER. Tiers are even rows. Split one you split them all. How about naming things properly? There never is or was a Tier .5 or 1/2. The set is properly named Dungeon 2, by Blizz.

Hegarol

Re: New Versions

Post by Hegarol » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:22 pm

If you are talking about Atlasloot: We have replaced Tier 0.5 a long time ago with Dungeon Set 2. Tier 1/2 mean "Tier 1 and Tier 2" not T0.5.

btw. We have our own forum (see my signature), please post everything Atlasloot related over there.
Atlasloot Project Lead ; Atlasloot Forum

Dan Gilbert
Developer

Post by Dan Gilbert » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:33 pm

If you're having errors you need to post the error along with your client's language version. Otherwise I have no way of tracking it down.

Wynter

Post by Wynter » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Assuming then that I have a version issue can you tell me how I completely remove Atlasloot so that I can try the newest version which I thought I had. I will download the newest available version later.

Sorry if this the wrong place to post. I am not familiar with these forums yet.

Could you also please tell me if because I still see it listed as tier .5 means that I still have the wrong version of the mod somehow?

Thank you for your time and assistance

Hegarol

Post by Hegarol » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 am

just delete every Atlasloot folder in your Addons folder and install the newest version from one of the official mirrors.

http://www.daviesh.net/atlasloot_enhanced/download.php

Daviesh

Post by Daviesh » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 am

I don't think we used the 'Tier 0.5' terminology since Dungeon Set 2 came out. This is what it looks like in AtlasLoot now, note that 'Dungeon 1/2 Sets' means Dungeons Set 1 and Dungeon Set 2 are accessible from that menu.

Pelf

Post by Pelf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:24 am

Is that just a space issue that caused you to combine 1 & 2 and 4, 5 & 6?
Image Image Image Image Image

Hegarol

Post by Hegarol » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:35 am

Pelf wrote:Is that just a space issue that caused you to combine 1 & 2 and 4, 5 & 6?
Space is on of the minor issues that we have. But we are trying to guarantee accessibility of all our loot tables and comfortable browsing through Atlasloot. By combining Tier sets and change the breakdown from "Tier 4 - class"/"Tier 5 - class"/"Tier 6 - class" to "Tier 4/5/6 - spec" we made sure this is still the case. Also people can easier and add more of their favorite loot tables to our Quicklook function.
Same reason why we are merging many loot tables for instances.
It just doesn't make any sense to have tables with just one or two items. No one wants to click through a ***load of buttons or arrows to get to a loot table. You are interested in loot from an instance and if its possible you wanna see it all at once while making sure thats its still clear you determine which boss drops what item.

I think we did a pretty good job to make sure the user experience is great, but we are always working to improve it :)

Pelf

Post by Pelf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Cool. I was just curious. Thanks.
Image Image Image Image Image